2019 Veterans Day Parade by the Metropolitan Detroit Veterans Coalition
November 10 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
2019 Veterans Day Parade – The Veterans Day Parade is on November 10th (Not November 11th).
Dear Freedom Center Supporter,
The Michigan Armed Forces Hospitality Center has been invited to participate in the 2019 Veterans Day Parade by the Metropolitan Detroit Veterans Coalition!
If you would like to join me in the parade in Detroit on Sunday, November 10th, please RSVP to this email.
Opening ceremony begins at 10am in the IBEW Local 58 parking lot in Detroit.
Thanks to the generous support of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 58, we will follow the route of so many heroes from the past marching along Michigan Avenue in Corktown to the Michigan Central Train Station.
• We will be staging at the IBEW just east of Trumbull, between Abbott and Porter Streets.
• Our route is circuitous, west on Michigan Avenue, turning at the old Michigan Central Train Station (being renovated by Ford Motor Company) and heading back east on Michigan to the IBEW staging area. No need for shuttles to get back to your vehicles.
• There is plenty of parking, and the IBEW Hall will be available for use in case of inclement weather.
• In honor of the 100th Anniversary of the American Legion, State Commander Barry Wood will be the Grand Marshal.
• In honor of the 244th Anniversary of the United States Marine Corps, MDVC member/United States Marine Corps Veteran ”Big Al” Opra will be recognized as a ”Veteran of Honor”.
• The late Judge Damon Keith will be recognized as ”Veteran of Distinction”.
• The 4Star 4Mile Race will once again run alongside the Veterans Day Parade.
• The route will be led by the Armed Services Salute Motorcycle Brigade.
• Please plan to stay for Vets Fest after the Parade featuring music, food, beer, and VSO information tables.
The line-up is as follows:
8:00 am Staging Opens at Abbot and Trumbull
10:00 am Opening Ceremony IBEW Local 58 Parking Lot
11:00 am Detroit Veterans Day Parade Steps Off
11:30 am Vets Fest Opens
This should be a great way to honor the service of our veterans while taking a leisurely walk on a crisp, Fall Michigan day 🙂
Honored to serve,
MI Freedom Center, CEO
MAFHC | 755 W. Big Beaver Road, Suite 2020, Troy, MI 48084-4925 3137447507